New ER20 - Flashing Ery Sensor

When you find your machine has problems. You can have a look at this section
Nevets

New ER20 - Flashing Ery Sensor

Post by Nevets » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:03 pm

Hello!

I wondered if anyone could help please. I setup my new ER20 printer yesterday and I'm having trouble with the sensor.

It worked for a short while and now it will not deploy for self test and just flashes after start up. The pin moves freely up and down so isn't stuck.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Dawood
Site Admin

Re: New ER20 - Flashing Ery Sensor

Post by Dawood » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:23 pm

Actually, The magnet in the probe of the ERYSENSOR got loose.
Take off the ERYSENSOR from the hotend then remove the screw(holding the probe) at the top of the ERYSENSOR. After that you will see a magnet in the probe, maybe it has left its place, so push it down and make sure it reaches the bottom. Then put together the ERYSENSOR. While auto-homing, the probe will go down(to detect the bed), If the probe stays up during the downward movement, which means the direction of magnet inside the probe is wrong. Take part the erysensor and change the direction of the magnet.
This will make the ERYSENSOR working but if you still see the issue, then repeat the above process but this time put a little glue on the magnet so that it can't leave its place again.
If still the same issue, share the details with us via the email: technical@eryone.com

Nevets

Re: New ER20 - Flashing Ery Sensor

Post by Nevets » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:50 am

Thank you for the suggestion.

Still having an issue, so I'll email.

Thanks again.