Nozzle Crashes Into Bed after Firmware Upgrade

When you find your machine has problems. You can have a look at this section
ThePrimate

Nozzle Crashes Into Bed after Firmware Upgrade

Post by ThePrimate » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 am

We were lucky here at work and got a used Thinker SE with Bl Touch installed for free. I was able to get it up and running with Cura and print a small cube. Shortly after the BL Touch seemed to stop working, light stayed red all the time despite resetting. So I removed the BL Touch and installed the firmware beta with Mesh Bed Leveling. Now when I hit Auto Home the nozzle crashes into the bed. On the info screen the XYZ indicators are flashing ?.

I guess somewhere I have to set the limit of the z but I don't immediately see how to do that.

TIA

Dawood
Site Admin

Re: Nozzle Crashes Into Bed after Firmware Upgrade

Post by Dawood » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:45 am

Hey, Here are many possibilities:
1. First of all, maybe the Z-axis limit switch is lower, so the X gantry goes down to touch the limit switch but the nozzle hit the bed badly in this process. Try to move the limit switch a little up.
2. Initialize the EEPROM, load, and store the settings. After that do the mesh bed leveling(preheat the bed first) and store the settings again.
3. If the Z-axis limit switch is not working, then check the cables to the limit switch, make sure the right cable is connected to the limit switch. If no improvement then switch the cable with another limit switch (X/Y-axis).
1.png
1.png (854.09 KiB) Viewed 369 times
4. If the limit switch still not responding, then swap it with a limit switch from X/Y-axis. Hope this will solve the issue but after swapping the limit switch if the issue appears in another axis then it may be the limit switch not working properly.
5. Maybe the firmware you uploaded has the wrong values. Try to upload it from our GitHub = https://github.com/Eryone/mega2560

Share more details with us if the issue is still there

SOUK

Post by SOUK » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:34 pm

ThePrimate wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 am
We were lucky here at work and got a used Thinker SE with Bl Touch installed for free. I was able to get it up and running with Cura and print a small cube. Shortly after the BL Touch seemed to stop working, light stayed red all the time despite resetting. So I removed the BL Touch and installed the firmware beta with Mesh Bed Leveling. Now when I hit Auto Home the nozzle crashes into the bed. On the info screen the XYZ indicators are flashing ?.

I guess somewhere I have to set the limit of the z but I don't immediately see how to do that.

TIA
You're lucky you got that far, my brand new Eryone Thinker SE bed is warped on arrival. I followed the manufactures instructions in the manual perfectly and went to do my first print and it scratched the hell out of my bed.

Eryone support says for me to lay my glass bed on a flat surface and send some photos to them; I can but you can barely see the warp in a photo, but its there.

The second I do a mesh bed leveling configuration the readings in each positions are shockingly bad, so for them to request a photo requiring everyone to have some precision flat surface around their home is insane. :shock:

Now I have a brand new device which is scratched to **** and I haven't even managed to achieve my first print. This device should have been sold with a BL Touch sensor as standard, especially if they (the manufacturers) can't get the glass perfect.

SOUK

Post by SOUK » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:37 pm

Dawood wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:45 am
Hey, Here are many possibilities:
1. First of all, maybe the Z-axis limit switch is lower, so the X gantry goes down to touch the limit switch but the nozzle hit the bed badly in this process. Try to move the limit switch a little up.
2. Initialize the EEPROM, load, and store the settings. After that do the mesh bed leveling(preheat the bed first) and store the settings again.
3. If the Z-axis limit switch is not working, then check the cables to the limit switch, make sure the right cable is connected to the limit switch. If no improvement then switch the cable with another limit switch (X/Y-axis).1.png
4. If the limit switch still not responding, then swap it with a limit switch from X/Y-axis. Hope this will solve the issue but after swapping the limit switch if the issue appears in another axis then it may be the limit switch not working properly.
5. Maybe the firmware you uploaded has the wrong values. Try to upload it from our GitHub = https://github.com/Eryone/mega2560

Share more details with us if the issue is still there
How can you suggest for him to adjust that bracket, their is no official height adjustment on that bracket? :|

ThePrimate

Post by ThePrimate » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:30 am

It's pretty clear now what is going on! I'm missing the sensor and it's mount. I'm guessing it was removed to install the 3D Touch and we never received it. Once I took off the 3D Touch I effectively had no z-sensor and thus the nozzle bangs into the bed. We have a second Thinker SE here also given to us and that particular piece along with a 3D Touch is in a plastic bag that came with it.

So I guess I'll either have to cannibalize the second unit still unassembled or buy a functioning 3D Touch.
Attachments
Missing z-sensor.jpeg
Missing z-sensor.jpeg (799.36 KiB) Viewed 345 times

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:48 pm

:shock:
Hi,
The pack should come with the z-axis endstop with the plate.
So I don't know why you got a different pack.

Also, the stock pack didn't include the 3dtouch.
Maybe you got this from another user.

Well, it is glad to know the issue sort out.

Greeting
## To be friendly and stay humble
- Pride and ignorance are eternal enemies
:)