Gantry wont go down?

When you find your machine has problems. You can have a look at this section
onthemainjet

Gantry wont go down?

Post by onthemainjet » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:50 am

Hi there,
Complete newbie to 3D printing here.
Was excited to get going.
Watch the instruction video on assembly online.
When it came to setting Z axis, I could not get my gantry to lower.
It will move up fine, but it will not go down.
I've not seen anyone else with this issue.
I'm thinking it may be an internal issue.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

William
Site Admin

Re: Gantry wont go down?

Post by William » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Hi,

You can try to reflash the eeprom.
It seems the eeprom information incorrect and it can't save correctly.

Don't forget to load the setting and store the setting.
Hope this will be helpful!

Greeting
## To be friendly and stay humble
- Pride and ignorance are eternal enemies
:)

onthemainjet

Post by onthemainjet » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:22 am

The magnet has come out of the Ery probe.
I re-installed it, and now the gantry goes down!
Now, when im trying to set up Z axys, the gantry move down and drives into the bed, and wont stop.
I need to shut off the printer.
When travelling downwards, the Ery probe moves up and doesnt seem to be working correctly?

lebajocasse

Post by lebajocasse » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:39 am

Hi
I have the exact same issue on my newly bought ER-20 printer. Did you find a solution to solve this?
Cheers
v

Dawood
Site Admin

Post by Dawood » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:20 am

This issue is due to the ERYSENSOR magnet, which seats in the probe, gone loose. You need to disassemble the ERYSENSOR and check for the magnet in the probe. Push the magnet down with an allen key or any tool, then assemble the ERYSENSOR and it will work.
Another suggestion for you:: When you make the ERYSENSOR working, disassemble it again carefully, now the magnet must be seating well. Push the magnet down, if you see it has left its area. After that take any type of sticking glue and put a little from the top, so that it can hold the magnet with the plastic. The magnet will never leave its area after this. Do not put too much glue, a little is enough.
Keep in mind:: Do not try to remove the magnet from the probe, as this magnet has two poles, So if you put it in the wrong direction, it will not work. Confusion for you will be the magnet is clear, and nothing is mentioned about the poles on it, So putting it the wrong way will make ERYSENSOR not work.

srdarch

Post by srdarch » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:41 am

Hello - I'm having the same issue, my Ery Sensor is flashing red and it will not move down to calibrate Z?

Iltravio

Post by Iltravio » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:42 pm

Same issue here on ER20.

Unit worked fine for a few days, but now gantry only moves up. I reset the unit to factory settings. I reseated the wire connectors on both Z-axis motors and the motherboard. I checked the magnet inside the ErySensor, it was not loose. I am still unable to calibrate the Z-axis due to gantry’s inability to move downward. Any more suggestions?

Dawood
Site Admin

Post by Dawood » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:42 am

Kindly initialize the EEPROM, then store and load the settings. After that try to calibrate the Z-offset, if it does not work then go the BL-Touch in the LCD, first reset it then do a self-test after that go for the Deploy (sensor must go down) and Stow(sensor must go up), check the behaviour of the ERYSENSOR. It must clear the issue.
If you see the red light in the ERYSENSOR is flashing continuously when you try to do calibration/BL-Touch test then it may be due to the magnet loose inside. If still the same after checking the magnet then invert the magnet maybe it has the wrong direction inside. Make sure the magnet is deep enough.
After checking all the suggestion, if the ERYSENSOR still not working then kindly contact the technical@eryone.com.