Lost Step from Y axis

When you find your machine has problems. You can have a look at this section
LorisGalla

Lost Step from Y axis

Post by LorisGalla » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:06 am

Hi all!

My Thinker S, used about 15 times, lost step from Y axis. by default, the machine have 3000 mm\sec for axis Y and X in acceleration, I set this two value at 2000 mm\sec, and i think is ok, but today the machine lost again step from axis Y.

Now i set 1500mm\sec, but i need to test it (tomorrow).

In the meantime, does anyone have any other ideas?

Thank to all!

LorisGalla

Re: Lost Step from Y axis

Post by LorisGalla » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:37 pm

up

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:26 pm

Hi,
I think you can refer to this post then import the profile for your printer.
It added some gcode at the start gcode.
(Jerk, acceleration,etc)
Here is the link of it:
https://www.eryone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=179
## To be friendly and stay humble
- Pride and ignorance are eternal enemies
:)

LorisGalla

Post by LorisGalla » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:45 am

Hi,

i use this profile, but however my Eryone Thinker S lost steps not only by the Y axis, but by X axys also. I try to reduce the acceleration, but with no effects.

The problem is more likely with the PETG. But there is no time where it is most likely.

Do you have any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

Ant

Post by Ant » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:16 pm

Hello
My thinker Se has similar sounding peoples
There is a shift in Y during the print (not X)
It has done it from new
After much investigation (belt tensions, swapping motors and drivers, etc as advised by the Eryone ‘support) it is discovered that Vref to the Y driver is not consistent
The route cause, for me, is the motherboard.

If you ask the ‘support’ people they may be able to advise a checking proceedure

LorisGalla

Post by LorisGalla » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:26 am

Hi, very thanks for you reply! I thought the same thing.

I await the response of some technicians

Dawood
Site Admin

Post by Dawood » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:21 am

Hey, the Y-axis motor may not be getting enough power to work properly OR maybe the stepper driver is over-heating.
Check the stepper drivers in the motherboard, make sure they are setting well in their respective slots, also the motherboard fan is working non-stop. Try to swap the stepper drivers with each other in the motherboard, then print something and analyze the skipping, if you see the skipping is shifted to another axis then it means the stepper driver is overheating.
If the stepper driver is overheating, first of all I would like to check your motherboard fan then would check the Vref of the stepper drivers. The default Vref's are:
X axis:1.0V
Y-axis:1.0V
Z-axis:1.1V
E axis:0.9V
How to check the Vref :: You need a multimeter to check it. There are pins and a screw in each stepper driver. Rotating the screw clockwise increases the Vref and vice versa.
Stepper Driver.png
Stepper Driver.png (847.49 KiB) Viewed 727 times
Now, let's discuss the checking procedure. One of the multimeter probes must go for the screw and another for the GND. The multimeter will show voltage, if you see the voltage of the stepper driver is less or more than the default one then rotate the small screw to balance it and also check consecutively the Vref with the multimeter. After making the adjustments, put together the motherboard and do some prints, hope the issue will disappear.
If you still see the skipping issue OR rotating the screw not changing the voltage, kindly contact the technical@eryone.com