Dark display

You can find the user guide here!
egyptainmark

Dark display

Post by egyptainmark » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:07 am

Hi. I've installed a new printer today but the LCD screen stays dark after I turn the power on. PSU is set to the correct voltage and has a blue light when turned on. Hot end fan powers up but the screen stays dark/blank.

I carefully followed the youtube video to build the machine and I'm confident it's built correctly.

PLease help, I don't want to have to return it to Amazon.

Thanks, Mark.

kaktus
Site Admin

Re: Dark display

Post by kaktus » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Hello Mark.

For your problem, the simplest diagnostic method will be to measure the power supply voltage in the display module.

That way you can find out where to look for the problem. ;)

William
Site Admin

Re: Dark display

Post by William » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi, Mark.
Maybe these info may helps:
1. Check the motherboard cables at first
If you found the cables damaged then you can feedback it to our sales.
2. If you found the motherboard exist the red led flash
It means somewhere exiest the poor contact, you need to replug the cables at first.
3. If you've added the bltouch or the NPN sensor.
You need to check the wires is insert to the correct port. If you insert them to the incorrect port then it will cause the
LCD shows nothing.

Please feedback when you found more details!
;)
## To be friendly and stay humble
- Pride and ignorance are eternal enemies
:)

PABLOBF

Re: Dark display / BLUE DISPLAY

Post by PABLOBF » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:47 pm

Hello;

I have got a similar problem in a Eryone Thinker SE but my display stands in blue and the temperature of the bed starts to increase.
This has all started after i was installing Ultimaker 4.5, suddendly the following question has appeared on the display "resume prin?" as i could not confirm or deny (having not done any work) i have turned of thr printer. After that i am not caplable of making it working, Can someone help me please? Could it be related with the flash memory?
Attachments
IMG_20200402_142139(2).jpg
IMG_20200402_142139(2).jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 2797 times

William
Site Admin

Re: Dark display / BLUE DISPLAY

Post by William » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:23 pm

PABLOBF wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:47 pm
Hello;

I have got a similar problem in a Eryone Thinker SE but my display stands in blue and the temperature of the bed starts to increase.
This has all started after i was installing Ultimaker 4.5, suddendly the following question has appeared on the display "resume prin?" as i could not confirm or deny (having not done any work) i have turned of thr printer. After that i am not caplable of making it working, Can someone help me please? Could it be related with the flash memory?
Hi, it should be the EEPROM incorrect or the firmware incorrect.
Have you tried to check the firmware is fit for your printer(V1 and V2 is different)
## To be friendly and stay humble
- Pride and ignorance are eternal enemies
:)