patrickj wrote: ↑
Sat May 02, 2020 12:46 am
I have just bought a Thinker SE, my first 3D printer, and have a few questions:
- I have made the setup with the help of the installation video on YT. On step 10, it is mentioned “Loose Z axis brass nut a little”, so I did. But am I supposed to re-tighten the nuts after the installation is done, or do I keep them loose? I am afraid they could unscrew themselves with vibrations.
- What are the exact differences between the Thinker S and the SE models? The web site does give almost no information.
- There is a glass plate as a bed. When I received the printer, it was hold in place with 2 clips, one at the front and one at the rear. But 4 little clamps were also provided, so I removed the clips and installed the clamps. But they are in the way of he nozzle, depending on the travel of the head! How are we supposed to install these?
- The first tests I made were OK, but today, no way to have the filament to stick to the bed. I did again the bed levelling process, but it did not help. So maybe I should clean the glass plate, but with which product? I am printing with Eryone PLA.
Thanks to help me.
1. Z-axis brass nut
It should always loose a little. It can make the z axis lead screw move more smooth
2. The thinker S and SE difference
1) The aluminum base plate
The S built-in the magnetic system so you can use the PEI sheet. While the SE doesn't have it.
2) The S uses the PEI sheet but the SE use the glass bed
3) The Y-axis movement setting of S lower than SE a little
Because the SE uses the glass bed.
3. For the nozzle hit the clips
It is easy to fix it. You can try to add the gcode at the "Start gcode"
Code: Select all
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
M104 S170 ; set extruder temp for bed leveling
M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; set bed temp
M109 R170 ; wait for bed leveling temp
M190 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; wait for bed temp
G28 ; home all without mesh bed level
G29 ; mesh bed leveling
M104 S[first_layer_temperature] ; set extruder temp
G1 Y-2.0 X179 F2400
G1 Z3 F720
M109 S[first_layer_temperature] ; wait for extruder temp
M201 X1000 Y1000 Z1000 E5000 ; sets maximum accelerations, mm/sec^2
M203 X200 Y200 Z12 E120 ; sets maximum feedrates, mm/sec
M204 P1250 R1250 T1250 ; sets acceleration (P, T) and retract acceleration (R), mm/sec^2
M205 X8.00 Y8.00 Z0.40 E1.50 ; sets the jerk limits, mm/sec
M205 S0 T0 ; sets the minimum extruding and travel feed rate, mm/sec
; intro line
G1 Y25 F1000
G1 X170 F1000
G1 Z0.2 F720
G1 X110.0 E8.0 F900
G1 X40.0 E10.0 F700
M221 S95 ; set flow
4. For clean the bed, you can use the IPA to clean it with the soft cloth