Granulated eryone "sticker" unsticked from glass to printed object

Want to tell us something? You can feedback it with post at this section.
We always welcome your feedback.
gabortoulouse

Granulated eryone "sticker" unsticked from glass to printed object

Post by gabortoulouse » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Hi,

After my last print, the Eryone "sticker" unsticked from glass/bed and stuck on the printed object...
The bed was at 105°C and the extruder was at 240°C.

So, I did not have any other possibility than turn back the glass to use the flat side...

What happened? Can I have another one from Eryone?

Some photos attached.

Thank you for any help.

Fabrice, Toulouse,
FRANCE
Eryone Thinker SE + Marlin V2.0

Lepes

Re: Granulated eryone "sticker" unsticked from glass to printed object

Post by Lepes » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:17 pm

I asked more ore less the same and I had an answer that explain perfectly: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=278&p=601#p601

The rough surface is optimal for some STL or some material (PETG, PET, ABS, ...) that warps when printing. Since your hotend was at 240ºC I suppose you are using some of those technical materials and you need to wait for hotbed cold down before you try to extract your piece. Sometime you place the cold glass bellow water tap and cold water will make your piece crack and jump from the glass.

Sometimes you also need to fridge the glass with your piece. Low temperature makes ABS contract and then it will separate from the glass.

If you use PLA you normally uses 190-210ºC for hotend and your hotbed to 45-65ºC. I don't even try to separate the piece until hotbed goes down to 30ºC, if it doesn't separate from the bed I wait to reach room temperature (20ºC or so) and slowly use a cutter blade on this kind of scrapper I printed: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2750446

I am tninking to buy another glass, so you can swap them and continously printing without waiting to cold down.

I search and I didn't find where to buy Eryone glass, sorry, I also used (on old printer) just a regular 3mm glass/mirror. As you can measure, Eryone glass is 310x310x4 mm

If you want to change everything, you can buy some "flexible magnetic surface", it's another solution people likes.

gabortoulouse

Re: Granulated eryone "sticker" unsticked from glass to printed object

Post by gabortoulouse » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:05 am

Lepes wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:17 pm
I asked more ore less the same and I had an answer that explain perfectly: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=278&p=601#p601

The rough surface is optimal for some STL or some material (PETG, PET, ABS, ...) that warps when printing. Since your hotend was at 240ºC I suppose you are using some of those technical materials and you need to wait for hotbed cold down before you try to extract your piece. Sometime you place the cold glass bellow water tap and cold water will make your piece crack and jump from the glass.

Sometimes you also need to fridge the glass with your piece. Low temperature makes ABS contract and then it will separate from the glass.

If you use PLA you normally uses 190-210ºC for hotend and your hotbed to 45-65ºC. I don't even try to separate the piece until hotbed goes down to 30ºC, if it doesn't separate from the bed I wait to reach room temperature (20ºC or so) and slowly use a cutter blade on this kind of scrapper I printed: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2750446

I am tninking to buy another glass, so you can swap them and continously printing without waiting to cold down.

I search and I didn't find where to buy Eryone glass, sorry, I also used (on old printer) just a regular 3mm glass/mirror. As you can measure, Eryone glass is 310x310x4 mm

If you want to change everything, you can buy some "flexible magnetic surface", it's another solution people likes.
Hello,

I thank you for your answer, but that is not what I was waiting for and that is not the problem ;-)

I printed ABS and printer finished to print since hours (I was away) when I detached the printed piece.
So the temperature was OK (cold, 23/25 degrees)

I use this face of the glass because of warping : granulated face is nice for that.

I would like to know what William or Eryone think about my problem ;-)

And for information, Eryone Glass can be bought on their website :
https://eryone3d.com/products/eryoeryon ... uild-plate
Fabrice, Toulouse,
FRANCE
Eryone Thinker SE + Marlin V2.0